Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) 2016 is organised by Anna University, Chennai, Tamil nadu state. TNEA is the engineering test and it is state level entrance test conducts every year by Anna university to offer admission to the candidates to various under graduate courses like BE / B.Tech into various college of Tamil nadu state. Admission to candidates is provided based on their rank in TNEA 2016 exam or JEE main 2016. More information about TNEA Exam 2016 like eligibility criteria etc are given below.
TNEA Application Notification 2016 details
Organisation Name: Anna University, Chennai, Tamil nadu
Exam name: Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) 2016
Apply mode: online and offline mode
Location: Tamil Nadu
Eligibility criteria for TNEA exam 2016 are as follows:
To apply for TNEA candidates should be resident of Tamil nadu, those who did schooling at Tamil nadu and lives out side of Tamil nadu state are also eligible to apply.1
Aspirants who are being working since last five years in private or government sector in Tamil nadu state are also eligible to apply.
Candidates should have passed class 12th or equivalent exam with physics, chemistry and mathematics as subjects and scored at least 50% marks for general candidates, 40% marks for MBC and CDNC category candidates and 35% marks for SC / ST / SCA category candidates.
TNEA Exam 2016 application form/How to Apply
Interested and eligible applicants can apply application for TNEA Exam 2016 through both modes online and offline mode. Those who are applying through online mode can get the application form from Anna university or from the official centers of anna university by hand. Candidates can also get the application by post.
- For online mode
- For general the application fee is Rs.500/-
- For BC / SC /ST the application fee is Rs 250/-
- For Offline mode
- For general the application fee is Rs.700/-
- For BC / SC /ST the application fee is Rs 450/-
Important (Tentative) Dates for TNEA Exam 2016
- TNEA 2016 official notification will be publishes on: First week of May 2016
- Availability of TNEA 2016 application forms from : First week of May 2016
- Last date of Submission of application form: last week of the May 2016
- TNEA 2016 examination will be conduct: June 2016
- TNEA 2016 result will be announced on: Last week of the June 2016
- Counselling will commence from: July 2016
While furnishing the application from candidates has to attach the following required documents.
- Class 10th and class 12th mark sheet
- DD (Demand Draft)
- Community Certificate
- Refugee / migration Certificate (If applicable)
- Transfer Certificate
- Nativity Certificate (If applicable)
- In case studying Class 12th examination Hall Ticket
How to submit the application form
All the candidates who is applying has to send the application form along with required documents / certificates to the given address below.
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions
Chennai – 600 025
Phone Number: 044 – 22358265, 22358266
Official Website: www.annauniv.edu
TNEA 2016 Exam Pattern
The TNEA Exam 2016 paper contains the objective type questions and total paper is for 150 marks and the time duration given to complete the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes. Their is no negative marking for wrong answer.