SBI Clerk Salary & Responsibilities IBPS Clerk Career Growth
Today’s article is to give an idea about two major clerical exams like SBI Clerk and IBPS Clerk. Aspirants who are interested in banking field can check details here we have published basic information regarding Salary,Career growth, Roles and Responsibilities for both exams of SBI Clerk and IBPS Clerk.
The candidates who are qualified in SBI Clerk exam can join in State Bank of India and those who have selected and qualified in IBPS Clerk will be selected in one of Public Sector Banking for more detailed information check the differences by moving forward.
In ancient days, employment authorities undertake the various recruitment activities for public sector banking but now the Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection is a major Personnel Selection Test Conducting Agency in a country. By conducting various multiple choice objective test it recruits eligible candidates in various department of Public sector banking and qualified candidates will be selected in one of the 16 Public sector banking they are
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab and Sind Bank
Now, here at our article candidates can find the difference and comparison between SBI clerk and IBPS clerk exam on the basis of following parameters.
SBI Clerk Vs IBPS Clerk exam :-
- Salary offered :-
IBPS Clerk selected candidates will get the remuneration of Rs. 11765 – (655×3) – 13730 – (815×3) – 16175 – (980×4) – 20095 – (1145×7) – 28110 – (2120×1) – 30230 – (1310×1) – 31540, with Basic Pay, as a clerk in PSBs with Dearness allowance, Special Allowance and HRA.
SBI Clerk qualified and selected candidates will get the remuneration of Rs. 18,100 – 19,800 including allowances and Bank clerk salary in SBI is 2200/- extra as compared to other banks, pay scale of SBI clerk is supplementary because of extra allowances state bank of India offers to their employees.
- Education criteria :-
The candidates who are interested in banking field he should have required certificates according to banking sectors is only Graduation from recognized university or board for both the exams SBI Clerk or IBPS Clerk
- Responsibility and roles :-
Candidates selected either in SBI clerk or IBPS clerk and roles and responsibility does not differ because the clerk is same across all banks. At starting stage educated persons in the banks and generally recently recruited bank clerk is given training for few weeks and then they are positioned either in a branch or an administrative office. Then candidates will be connected to working on computers and entering the day to day dealings in the system, due to a big network SBI clerks gets additional publicity as compared to their IBPS counterparts.
- Career growth point of view :-
Candidates after selecting in the clerk post also want to know their career in the further pathway
In-Cadre Promotion Of Clerks:
- An aspirant in clerical cadre who has accomplished 10 years of service will be promoted to the post of Senior Assistant and this post shall bear an extraordinary allowance of Rs.1800/-.
- A candidate in clerical cadre who has accomplished 20 years of service will be promoted to the post of Special Assistant and this post shall take a special allowance of Rs.2500/- which will be ranked for DA & HRA
- An employ in clerical cadre who has accomplished 30 years of service will be promoted to the post of Senior Special Assistant and this post shall bring a special allowance of Rs.3500/- which will be ranked for DA & HRA.
Promotion Of Clerks To Officer Cadre:
- To Trainee Officer: After 03 years of service, a clerk can turn out to be trainee officer after qualifying written examination and interview. These clerks are placed under trial for a period of 02 years and after successful achievement of probation, the trainee officer based on performance will be either recruited into MMGS-II cadre or sent back to clerical cadre.
- Directly to JMGS-I: After 06 years of service under rapid promotion channel or after 12 years of service under normal promotion channel, a clerk can turn into a JMGS-Scale1 officer, after qualifying a written examination and interview, subject to the upper age limit.
By this way, we can understand that SBI as more opportunity rather than other banks.
- Final comparison :-
Candidates who are looking job in Government Sector Bank, then State Bank Of India, is one of the most favored options to fetch jobs in Public sector bank and it is relatively apparent in the number of contenders for the post of Probationary Officers. Beside 1500 position for the job of Probationary Officer, SBI got approximately 17 lakhs applications and the same condition is for the employment of clerks and more than 30 lakh aspirants appeared for the test for the clerk’s position.
Note :- For more detailed information candidates have checked the IBPS and SBI official website.