CAT Online Apply 2016-17 Admit Card, Syllabus & Model Papers
CAT – Common Admission test notification has been released and organized by 19 IIM – Indian Institute of Management, on rational basis every year, this year it is conducted by IIM of Bangalore. CAT is Computer based online exam for taking admission into Masters and posts graduation programmes for the current academic year 2016. For more details, prospective candidates should move forward and check it.
The Indian Institutes of Management are a group of 19 public, autonomous institutes of management education and research in India. They primarily offer postgraduate, doctoral and executive education programmes.
Recently, IIM’s of Bangalore as announced the Common admission test CAT for the current year 2016. So interested candidates have to scroll down and check it.
Application details of CAT 2016:-
- Name of exam:- CAT – Common Admission Test
- Conducting body :- IIM – Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Level of exam:- National level
- Academic year:- 2016
- Content is about:- Release of application form
- Applying mode:- Online
- Website:- www.iimcat.ac.in
Seat reservation as per caste category for CAT 2016:-
- For SC Candidates: 15%
- For ST candidates: 7.5%
- For OBC candidates : 27%
- For the person with disabilities: 3%
Courses offered for CAT 2016 are :-
- PGPEM : Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management
- PGPBM : Post Graduate Programme in Business Management
- PGP : Post Graduate Programme
- PGP-ABM : Post Graduate Programme in Agri-Business Management
- PGP-UAE : PGP at UAE
- PGPWE : PGP for Working Executive
- PGPPM : Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management
- EPGPM : Executive Post Graduate Programme
- PGPSM :Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets
- PGDHRM : Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- PGDM : Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- PGPEX : Post Graduate Programme for Executives
Eligibility norms for applying CAT 2016 are:-
- Education qualification:- Students who are applying for the CAT 2016 should have to complete graduation from recognized university or board. Must have the required percentage as per caste category you below.
- Processing fee:- Applicants must have to pay a certain amount as application fee according to the category you belong. For General and OBC candidates have to pay Rs. 1600 and SC/ST candidates have to pay Rs. 800 as application fee.
- The method of selection:- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their performance in the following rounds that will be conducted by IIM, Bangalore.
⇒ Written Ability Test
⇒ Group discussion
Exam pattern for CAT 2016:-
- Exam paper compromise of NON MCQ’s and MCQ’s questions
- Time period to complete the exam will be 3 hours
- Each correct answer carries 3 marks
- There will be three sections in question paper
- Each section should be completed in one hour.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answer
- Total paper compromise of 100 marks
- For more details about syllabus is given below.
CAT Syllabus details for 2016:-
- Quantitative Aptitude : 34 questions for one hour
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension : 34 questions for one hour
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning : 32 questions for one hour.
Procedure to apply for CAT application form 2016:-
Eligible candidates should have to log on to www.iimcat.ac.in official website of IIMs – Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. Fill up the application form as prescribed with applicants details like personal detail, education details, payment of application fee details have to mention clearly and submit the application form on or before the due date.
|1||Online application starts from||06th August 2016|
|2||Closing date of application||26th August 2016|
|3||Admit card||Last week of October 2016|
|4||Exam date||November 2016|
Final note:- contenders are advised to stay connected with our articles for more updates and latest information regarding the CAT 2016 notification.